Monday, February 13, 2012

Before and After - Crimson Bouquet Project

I thought this would be a great place to start sharing my before and after photos of quilts that I make.  The vast majority of the quilts I design are deeply inspired by antique quilts I've either seen in person or have collected photos of.  This specific one is really close, but the block size needed the whole thing to be smaller than the original layout.

So here's the original quilt.  I know its a little sorry looking, but it was the design that caught my eye.



 So here's what I did out of Jo Morton's Crimson Bouquet collection plus an assortment of lights from previous collections.  Don't have a name yet, but it will come, I'm sure.























1 comment:

Me and My Stitches said...

Very nice! I love the Crimson Bouquet line and your new quilt is fabulous!