Saturday, August 20, 2016

Still Mourning

As promised, here is the photo of the finished quilt.  I chose to call it "Still Mourning" because as I researched the mourning blacks and grays, I found out that some women chose to wear mourning colors the rest of their lives after losing their husband.  My best friend lost her dad to Pulmonary Fibrosis last year, and I've watched her go thru the mourning process.  I'm told it never stops, it just looks different after a while.  It also makes me think about all the turmoil in the world right now.  Terrorists, violence against the police, natural disasters, human trafficking, the list could go on and on.  Makes me squeeze my girls a little tighter and look forward to the hope of heaven.  Sorry, that was a little heavy.  You can purchase the patterns at The Quilt Merchant here.


My parents and I went exploring in downtown Nicholasville last weekend when they were here and we found the most amazing antique store.  There were the typical booths of adorable stuff, but then there were collections.  Collections of Wagner cast iron, Guardianware, Corningware, and Tupperware!  It was amazing!



I haven't unpacked my sewing space yet.  Its a little daunting but I'm hoping to get to it this week.  It will be our first "normal" week here, meaning no visitors and no traveling.  Looking forward to getting in a groove!

No comments: